10.19.2005

Unbreak My Heart


kobe

I like Alicia Keys. I really do. But every since the release of her unplugged album my local favorite radio station has been playing the song "Unbreakable" like she died
last week. For whatever reason I can't seem to get past the first line of the song.

We could fight like Ike and Tina / Or give back like Bill and Camille


Why in the blue hell would you choose to have Ike and Tina appear anywhere in the song? The first couple at that. What really kills me is that one of my associates serious considers this to be on the greatest love songs in the last 10 years. When that silly ass comment came out of her mouth I wanted to reach way back and slap fire out of her. I seriously thought I was alone in thinking this song was terrible but my 'Roni Rich echoed my same sentiments. If you're going to talk about couples who are unbreakable why isn't Bobby and Whitney mentioned? Now that's love, black love.

I'm telling ya'll if I had any song writing skills (wait a minute, most singers/rappers don't so I really shouldn't short-change myself) I would make my own dysfunctional-version of the song. Here are a few of the celebs I would include:

Bobby and Whitney
Mike Tyson and Robin Givens
Treach and Pepa
Vanessa and Kobe Bryant
Twanna and Allen Iverson
Nicole and Eddie Murphy
Terri McMillan and Jonathan Plummer
Whatever Chick Married Lil' Jon

edit - this is more fun than I thought

Mary J. Blige and K-Ci (just for the hell of it)
Tracey and Babyface





<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS