First like to say thanks to everyone who took the time out to holla at me and say genuine things about my little speech yesterday. I had like 40 extra emails this morning, it was crazy. When I say that I appreciate ya'll I don't be bullshittin'. You guys help keep me sane more than you'll ever know. I would also like to say a million thank you's to Rod and Cathy for their expert advise. These are two major players in this blog pop culture movement and have always been such a huge help to me. Rod is in the process of establishing a network for African American bloggers on Blogads.com. Yo, if you sleeping on Rod you need to wake your ass up. He's trying to help put other black blog sites in the position as our white counterparts who are generating major dollars from their site traffic. And ya'll stuck on the fact that he's gay? C'mon homie we major.
Fresh + Rich = Bre. This is our love child, she looks quite beautiful don't you agree? Anyways, everyone's favorite crazy ass upcoming model Lisa was booted this past week but not before the girls' trip to London. . . The Ultimate Hustler had an interesting turn of events this week. I thought for sure Jen would've been packing her bags but to my shock Shola was axed. . . Making The Bed 89 was funny for me to watch last night due to all the drama with The Lox and Puff that took place this week. . . Run's House season may be over but no worries, they'll be back next season.
- Typically, celebrities pitch products that play to their strengths. Martha Stewart's a stylish homemaker, so she makes sheets. Paul Newman's the kind of progressive, cool husband who wouldn't mind cooking dinner, so he makes salad dressing. But, alarmingly, if Shar Jackson's new cosmetic line, RelationLips, is any bellwether of things to come, celebrities have now realized that the things that make them most famous, most recognizable, are things that they really shouldn't be proud of. The trouble stems from the name of her first gloss, "He Cheated." Getting knocked up and deserted by Kevin Federline hardly seems like the kind of thing Ms. Jackson would want to celebrate; when George Foreman started selling grills, one imagines that naming the first model "Ali Whupped My Butt" didn’t cross his mind. (via Radar)
- Producer Swizz Beatz, who gained notoriety for tracks he has produced for DMX, Jay-Z and others, was in family court today (accompanied by his wife J Records artist Mashonda) to defend against a lawsuit brought against him for child support, according to a witness. Nicole Levy, who is being represented by Raoul Felder (the same attorney who brought a child support action against Diddy on behalf of his son's mother Misa Hylton-Brim), filed for child support on Dec. 22, 2004 and now awaits the court's decision on the fate of her case. According to a spokeswoman in Felder's office, Swizz had originally denied paternity when the suit was filed. However, paternity was established after a blood test was administered. Levy is suing for the child to have the "same lifestyle that he would if he lived with the father," says the spokeswoman. At press time, representatives for Swizz were unavailable for comment.
- LeBron James has Nike, Allen Iverson has Reebok, Tracy McGrady is down with Adidas, Dwyane Wade re-upped with Converse and Shaq signs with… Payless ShoeSource? Shaq maybe on the sidelined for the next few weeks but he'll be sporting his new Dunkman Game Show the entire time. The Big Fella recently signed an exclusive deal with Payless to distribute his shoe at Payless stores starting Dec. 1. Not only is the actual deal with Payless a shocker, but the price tag for the shoes may leave basketball fans in awe. While you can hardly find a pair of NBA superstar shoes for under $100, Shaq's shoes will run $24.99 for youth and $39.99 for adults."When I was a kid, I got a lot of my shoes at Payless," O'Neal said in a statement. "Now having kids of my own, I wanted to create a performance shoe that parents everywhere felt good about providing for their kids or themselves."Shaq will be wearing the Game Shoe in all his games this season, let's hope that the shoe wasn't the reason for his hurt ankle last week. That's not good publicity.
- Kanye West will receive the Artist Achievement Award at the 2005 Billboard Music Awards, which will be presented Dec. 6 in Las Vegas. The awards will air live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena on Fox (8 p.m. EST). "Kanye West has not only had a huge impact on R&B/hip-hop, he has transformed modern music as a whole," Tamara Conniff, co-executive editor of Billboard, said in a statement Thursday.The Billboard Music Awards recognize the year's leading artists and songs as determined by performance on Billboard's weekly.
Next thing you know his ass will be at the podium accepting the artist of the millenium award a la Wacko Jacko.
In unrelated news, guess who I saw in an issue of Essence from a few months back? None other than Jimi Izrael! I wish ya'll could've peeped my facial expression when I came across the article. I looked like Beyonce (who graces the cover that Jimi's interview appears in) at Popeye's in line trying to decide on two side orders. Yeah I know I'm hella late but I had to tell say something.
Dennis Doesn't Make My Whistle Blow
(NSFW = Not Safe For Work) Clickity clak for the uncut (no pun intended) version. Trust me folks its nothing to write home about.
Friends, Romans, Countrymen Lend Me Your Eardrums - -
Crunk and Disorderly is like my first born child. I've been here from the beginning watching it grow and develop into the success it has become today. I've very proud of my accomplishments thus far with this site. I've achieved a level of popularity among the black blog community in a matter of only six short months. I plan on expanding C&D in numerous ways with the coming new year. Sometimes I become so busy with trying to generate more buzz for that I tend to neglect it.
I can't do it all by myself folks. Basically I'm looking for a group of bloggers to contribute to this monster. I need people who have are opinionated, have a passion for the hip hop pop culture, and willing to bring their A-game at all times. I plan on getting in contact with people who I think echo the thoughts and sentiments of myself. Like I previously mentioned this site is my baby and I'm not going to leave with a past sex offender to get molested everyday after school, ya feel me? Just know that you are being watched. I also think that it is past due for a black gossip/hip hop affiliation to occur between many of us well-known sites. Sure we link to each other but do we actually take time out to applaud each other's efforts? Let's be real, a lot of bloggers who are popular have the mentality that it is all about them and their shit. There are tons of Caucasian celebrity gossip sites out there who stick together and webmasters are making some serious cake while they sit home eating their cheese sandwiches writing about the same shit as us. The only difference is they are smart enough to network together. Don't get it twisted or misconstrued though, Fresh does care about white people. Hell, if it wasn't for Cathy over at Cityrags referring me I wouldn't be on Blogads.com.
We provide our readers with the same quality of news, gossip, and music reviews so why then do we act negative and bitter towards each other instead of making that money right quick? However I can expose another blogger or site to my audience I will. Shit ya'll see me drop links all the time, look around. I've never been the type of person who thought it was all about them. Whenever I can put another person on I feel as if I'm playing a small part of their success and thats good enough for me. But in the same breath I'm not going to be shouting out corny shit just to rub someone's back so they can do the same for me. Nullus.
I hope ya'll feel me cause this shit has got to stop. I just had to get this off of my dome and Pocarra's (that's the new word for big breasteses by the way). Just something to seriously think about.
Oh well. He still lost the cover/Man of the Year title to a bitch. Ay! (spotted via NahRight) On further inspection of Fiddy's new photos I couldn't help but notice a striking similarity in his eye brow and a former co star's. Looks like spit wasn't the only thing these two were sharing.
The Proclamation of Mimi
An excerpt from Mary J. Blige's acceptance speech for the 2005 VLegend Award:
"Last but not least, I gotta thank Quincy Jones and this whole VIBE thing. Absolutely. For so many years, VIBE has given me great, great, great covers, but I must say, I'm very, very disappointed at the cover this time, so Mimi, me and you really need to talk, as women. No disrespect, but I really hated the way you guys shaved off my head, pushed my forehead way back behind my ears. I'm just insulted, so that's no respect on the cover, but I thank you, and I appreciate this award."
Dissing VIBE while accepting our VLegend Award was extremely disappointing. I'm sorry you find your most recent cover insulting. It was definitely not our intention. If you look at the big picture, we've been supportive of your career beginning with the first issue of VIBE in the fall of '92. You've graced our cover seven times, more than any other artist.
Besides your desire to make a private conversation public, your accusations are untrue. How your hair looks on that cover is between you and your hairstylist. I swear, your hairline is no different than the Polaroids you saw at the shoot or the snapshots we printed in my What's Good column. In any case, you felt compelled to speak your peace, and at the end of the day, isn't this truly why we all love Mary in the first place?
One of the hardest things about working at VIBE is not to take things like this personally. For myself and the rest of the edit staff, working here is more than just a job. We take our roles as journalists very seriously, but we're die-hard fans as well. I'd be lying not to admit how hurt we were by the negativity you brought to our celebration, especially since you were being honored. After last year's incident, we went above and beyond to make this year's ceremony drama-free. We did not want to let '04's unfortunate events deter us from our mission to celebrate the best of the best in urban music. It's sad you did not share in this vision with us.
Mimi Valdes Editor-in-Chief
Click here to listen to me bitch about the show. They cut me off like they did Mary, heh.
Finally a new song I can play while I have sex. Yes!
Consider this an early Christmas gift.
Beyonce has become a crossover sex symbol a la Halle Berry, a black girl who's not so overwhelmingly Nubian that white people don't appreciate her beauty." - Rolling Stone Magazine
Girl You Don't Got That Vibe
At Saturday's taping of the 'Vibe Awards,' Mary J. Blige silenced an audience of thousands. The Grammy Award winning singer, who is this year's VLegend Award honoree, took the podium and vocalized her displeasure about her December Vibe cover. She alluded to a much-needed sit-down with the Editor-in-Chief Mimi Valdes, a former intern who has been helming Vibe since style-maker Emil Wilbekin exited his award winning post to work in fashion last year. "You could hear a pin drop," a record executive who witnessed the spectacle told Black Voices today."Everyone's mouth was wide open in disbelief. It was Mary being Mary. She always speaks her mind, and that's why we love her. That cover did not do her justice or reflect her current positive and confident state." (via BlackVoices)
Click here for a list of the winners. How the fukk can you have a tie at an award show? Ah well, don't forget to tune in tonight on UPN at 8pm ET/PT.Freshly Squeezed
- Halle Berry is the new face of Versace. We're told that fashion photographer Mario Testino shot the sexy star in L.A. last weekend for the upcoming print campaign. "The shoot was beautiful portraits, slightly messy hair and a wind machine -- very glamorous," tattles our on-set spy. Berry follows in the footsteps of Kabbalah cuties Madonna and Demi Moore as Donatella Versace's latest celebrity muse. And if anyone cares, Wilhelmina model Gabriel Aubry will reprise his role from last season as Versace's requisite beefcake.
- Muhammad Ali's daughter, Laila, Friday quashed rumors she is involved in a lesbian relationship with singer/actress Queen Latifah."Yes, I am in the process of getting a divorce, but I am not dating, nor will I ever be dating a woman, because I am not gay," Ali said in a statement released Friday. "It is unfortunate that my divorce has started rumors in the media that are untrue."Ali, 27, and Johnny "Yahya" McClain are in the process of ending their five year marriage, Zap2it.com reported. Ali, a female boxing champ, is training for a December bout in Berlin and getting ready to star in a volleyball movie, the Web site said. Her legendary father recently allayed rumors he was on his deathbed from Parkinson's disease when he accepted a Medal of Freedom in person from President Bush, Zap2it.com noted. (via Zap2it.com)
By The Way . . .
With all the drama surrounding his name its nice to see Dame with a smile on his face. And then along came a spider name Racheal . . .- Free was recently spotted in the club getting her boogie on What ya heart beating fast for B.G.? I hope that he is not on that shit again. Will getcha boy!
Man Kanye's spaced out," Jim Jones told the magazine. "That shit aint right what he be wearing. That shit be borderline homo. I can still fit 20/30 thou [sand] in one jean pocket, he can't fit two singles in his. - Jim Jones on Kanye's colorful garb (via Nastack)
At times I question Kanye's sense of style but you can't be mad at him for wanting to be an individual. Jim needs to take a few dollars from his stack and get LaQuita from the block to freshin' his braids up. Nigga got all that "CEO" money and refuses to get a shave, pfft. I'm going to start my own campaign called Start Bathing. Its basically the same concept as Stop Snitching only with the green traffic light and the motto under it. You know its a movement right?
Anyway, Beyonce, Mama Tina, and those other two chicks appeared on Oprah Friday to promote House of Dereon fashions. The line is supposed to be modestly price couture clothing that ordinary people can purchase to get that all important "Beyonce lift". I personally don't care for most pieces in the line but there are one or two that I would rock. I just can't see myself dishing out $100 for those jeans, sorry. Ashanti's new perfume may smell like old cat piss but she definitely has a good thing going with Mudd. $38 is affordable for folks living on my block.
While I'm on the subject of my trap I think I'll drop a PSA. My fellow southern Georgians and Floridians it is not cold enough to be walking around with your mink, rabbit fur, pleater, leather, member's only jacket, whatever the fuck on. Last week while I chopped it up with my boy D-Red he had the nerve to have a heavy ass Pelle Pelle coat on. I wanted to reach over and say "nigga our weather is still in the low 80's duke. I'm happy to see that your baby's mom was nice enough to buy you a jacket with her income tax check last year but its not that serious." And chicks stop it with the leather boots already! Just because its a little nippy in the morning don't get happy when you're in the closet. By the end of the day your feet will be sweating like Ruben Studdard on stage.
The Rev. Jesse Jackson called the Philadelphia Eagles' punishment of Terrell Owens "much too severe."Jackson said in a statement released Friday that Owens could have been more professional when he publicly complained about his contract, his team and the Eagles' organization. But Jackson said Owens' suspension without pay for four games and deactivation for the rest of the season is "much too severe for the charge" and hurts the athlete's NFL career at its height. The civil rights activist said the level of punishment could have been warranted if Owens had been caught shaving points, selling drugs, carrying a gun or fighting fans without sufficient restraint. "This does not warrant a one-year ban from the game," Jackson said, adding that the Eagles should release Owens to the open market or free agency if they no longer want to associate with him.
Ralph Nader, a consumer activist and former presidential candidate, has already called for the suspension to be rescinded. Owens was suspended last week after he said in an interview that the Eagles showed "a lack of class" for not publicly recognizing his 100th career touchdown catch, and that the team would be better off with Green Bay's Brett Favre as quarterback. He has since apologized.
Weekend Buzz Bonus Material
You smell that? It's the aroma of fresh H.A.M. cooking in the oven! The Vibe Awards took place this past weekend in Culver City, CA. David Banner, Kimora Lee Simmons (sporting a new blonde mess), T.I., Sanaa Lathan (who didn't look like she just had a baby by Denzel at all -- c'mon man, ya'll should've known better than to believe that!), Pharrell, Rhianna, Nia Long, and Juelz Santana were among the many who came out to enjoy the festivities. Normally I would do a blow by blow post on the top messes of the evening but that shit would take all night. You know the drill, Gettyimages gotcha covered. And can someone please tell Game that it is not that fuckin' serious? Thanks. Reviews of Get Rich or Die Tryin' (via Butta)
Sean Burns, PHILADELPHIA WEEKLY - "On one hand you've got Tupac Shakur, Will Smith, Ice Cube, Mark Wahlberg, Ice-T, LL Cool J, Sean Combs and Andre Benjamin. On the other you've got 50 Cent. This kid stinks!
Devin Faraci, CHUD - "50 spends the film with one look on his face, and it's the look that you imagine a caveman would have when confronted with a cellphone."
Willie Waffle, WAFFLEMOVIES.COM - "Good news for 50 Cent! He doesn't have to worry about finding a date and a tux for the Oscars, because he won't be invited. He's playing himself, HOW HARD CAN THAT BE?!? "
Stefan Halley, HERO REALM - "With the emotional range of a wet sock, Jackson mumbles through his lines with a blank expression."
Steve Rhodes, INTERNET REVIEWS - "Rambling, boring and full of bad messages for our youth."
Brian Orndorf, EFILMCRITIC.COM - "50 Cent's fanbase might love this valentine to the rapper's ego no matter the quality, but other audiences might not be as forgiving with this half-realized urban fairy tale." Its all about Chicken Little, nigga!
But if you are like me its only one thing about this movie you really care about and that my friends is the shower scene (NSFW). I've said it once and I'll say it a thousand times, I hate putting C&D all over pictures but there are a few sites out there who don't like giving people credit. Anyways, I don't know who's little penis that is so if anybody does lemme know. Ciao til tomorrow!
Hey, Whatever Happened To . . .
- LeToya from Destiny's Child?
- El Debarge?
- Bobby Brown's feet?
- Mazel tov to 13-year-old Amber Ridinger, who is celebrating her bat mitzvah in a lavish style that puts the spoiled brats on MTV's "My Sweet Sixteen" to shame. Amber's parents, Internet entrepreneurs J.R. and Loren Ridinger, have hired Ja Rule, Ashanti and Omarion to perform at their daughter's party at Miami's Forge nightclub this weekend. The well-heeled Ridingers -- who keep a penthouse here at the Ritz-Carlton and dock their 160-foot yacht at Chelsea Piers -- also have convinced Mike Piazza to stop by and snagged Nicole Richie's boyfriend, DJ A.M., to man the turntables. We're told that Amber will wear a $27,000 Dolce & Gabbana gown and will debut her own fashion line -- Gossip.
- As Muhammad Ali's wife Lonnie attempts to deny recent reports that her husband is near death, rumors surrounding his daughter Laila Ali have been popping up across the Internet. The rumor seems to have come from one widely-circulated e-mail source that says the following: "Laila Ali and her husband/manager's divorce is final. The two have been separated since January and their divorce became final November 1st. Laila has finally come to grips with her true sexuality and is happy with her new found freedom and is dating Grammy nominated actress, rapper, singer, Queen Latifah." Latifah's rep, Amanda Silverman of The Dart Group, told EUR via phone that the e-mail is "something that somebody made up" and that her client is not dating Ali. "I don't even think they know each other," she snapped, before hanging up.
Don't Watch Me, Watch TV
- This bitch is crazy.
I know this because I am a God warrior.
- If you are like myself and missed the pilot to Trina's
new sitcom (I've never heard of of the Black Family Channel let along actually have it), you can visit Miss Trina
to download it.
- This must be "Lucky Nigga" (heh) week on Oprah. First Terry and Jonathan now Beyonce this later on today. I've been hearing some buzz that she will address the pregnancy rumors, her new clothing line, and someone is set to make a special appearance. She will also reveal a big secret (yeah right).We'll just have to wait to find out. What do you think it is? Holla back. - I want you to go upstairs and pack your bags . . . because you . . . and you and you and you and you and you and you are going to Fo' Fo for a America's Next Top Model recap! - "Making The Bed 83" was so predictable last night. I promise I told the dick dealer exactly what was going to happen. And can someone please tell that Lorrie Ann choreographer chick to sit down hoe.Lorrie Ann to Dominique: "OMG, I totally called you everything but fat and greasy when you were dancing but now I'm all on your shit because Diddy's said you sound great." - Buffie The Body clapping her ass - - NSFW! Edit: I was talking to Mo on AIM this afternoon and he showed me this. I have nothing to say but
"While 'Hell to the no' is novel (and perhaps another example of Whit's incessant referencing), this one is practical and original. Not just a nutshell example of Whit's Broadway-esque song launching, it's actually a useful, cathartic way to express exasperation. Use it in your daily life. In doing so, you'll see that Whit has redefined her status as the voice of a nation." - - Rich
This should keep you entertained until tomorrow. You can thank Eightwonderofwit for that one.