4.21.2006

04.21.06 Music Notes



The self-proclaimed "People's Champ" Paul Wall and his wife Crystal have given birth to a baby boy. William "Fat" Patrick Slayton was brought into the world Tuesday (April 18) at 11:33 a.m. The birth comes amid speculation that Wall and Crystal, whom he married in October 2005, were headed for divorce, but Wall assured otherwise. "Me and my wife have been together a long time," Paul Wall told AllHipHop.com. "Every trip has its bumps in the road. Our relationship is a journey. We're not giving up anytime soon. We're doing great." (AHH)

Ludacris Explains Fued With Miss Sophia

The rapper-turned-actor was miffed when he went on her show to promote "Crash" and got severely edited because Winfrey has a rule of not promoting rap or rappers. "She edited out a lot of my comments while keeping her own in," Ludacris told GQ. "Of course, it's her show, but we were doing a show on racial discrimination, and she gave me a hard time as a rapper when I came on there as an actor. I don't see why people like Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle, who I am huge fans of, it's OK for them to go on 'Oprah.' They speak the same language as I do, but they do it through comedy, so I guess that's acceptable." (New York Post)

Jesus, Joseph, Mary, and K-Ci. I thought this shit was over. I think that maybe Oprah needs to invite Luda back on her show again so they can really talk this time.

Mimi Inks New Deal With Pepsi

After spending a busy 2005 dominating the music charts, Mariah Carey will kick back with a Pepsi this spring under a new partnership that will see the singer star in a new commercial as well as write and record original ringtones that will be available exclusively through a Pepsi Cool Tones & Motorola Phones promotion. "I had a lot of fun with this project," Carey said in a statement. “It was a great creative outlet because musically I could do things here that I would never think to do for one of my albums. This was a great idea by Pepsi, and I'm happy to be a part of it." The promotion allows users the opportunity to download more than 100 original ringtones created specifically for the program by a host of popular artists, including 20 original voice and music tones written and produced by Carey. Additional information about the promotion can be found on http://www.pepsismash.com. (Eurweb)

I can't wait to see the commercials for this. She is probably going to do that "hand thing" all throughout it in a pair of Ms. New Booty shorts.





<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS