2.02.2006

Buzz Notes

superbowl

Let us pray. Heavenly Father, please do not let one of Aretha's breast decide to break free during her performance. Amen. Just kidding (but then again I'm not). Are you ready for some football? I know I'm not. I could really care less since I will be tuning in strictly for the commercials. If someone was to ask me right now what teams will be playing on Sunday I couldn't tell them. Its a damn shame.

Soul Train Music Awards Announces Nominees

I gave up all hope for the Soul Train related award shows when Amerie received the Aretha Franklin award.

R. Kelly leads the list of nominees for the 20th annual Soul Train Music Awards, announced today (Feb. 2) by Tyrese and actress Vivica Fox at Spago restaurant in Beverly Hills, Calif. Kelly's three nominations include two for his "Trapped in the Closet" saga (best R&B/soul single, male and best R&B/soul or rap video) and best male R&B/soul album for "TP.3 Reloaded.

Among the other multiple nominees are Mariah Carey, Charlie (last name) Wilson, John Legend, Keyshia Cole, Missy Elliott and the Black Eyed Peas. Newcomer Chris Brown scored his first Soul Train nomination in the best R&B/soul or rap new artist category. Kelly will also receive the first-ever Stevie Wonder Award for outstanding career achievements in songwriting by Wonder himself. Quincy Jones will present the Quincy Jones Award for outstanding career achievements to Destiny's Child and Jamie Foxx. The evening's other special honoree will be John Legend, who will receive the Sammy Davis Jr. Award for entertainer of the year. (more via Cake and Ice Cream)

Why do they break down the hip hop and R&B categories but can't do the same thing for gospel? I'm just saying. Speaking of gospel . . .

+ Bre at the Cosmo Girl Celebration





<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS