10.06.2005

Buzz Notes


Kirk Franklin Is Crunk For Christ

You're probably thinking WTF right now but there is a feasible explanation for this. My mother has been buying Kirk Franklin CD's for years now to get her praise on while she's driving or doing housework. A few mornings ago while prepared to go to church a Kirk Franklin commercial for his new CD came across the television (yes the O.G. Freshmaker goes to church, no Sciencetology for me). As it played big gospel names like Yolonda Adams came across the screen. That is when I had a startling "revelation." Kirk Franklin is the gospel equivalent to Lil' Jon. Seriously folks, think about it. When is the last time you heard him actually sing on a cut? All he really does is talk through the songs too. In my opinion Kirk needs to share the album cover with "the family" or whoever is usually singing on those songs.

Just something to think about.


Anyways, I heard that Hero was that heat so go out and cop that disc. Yeah I can listen to a bunch of bullshit all day long but in the end I know what's up. I think the Christian world needs to get more shine personally. That's why I'm so excited that The Gospel is being released Friday.


Seriously Ice-T, Stay Away From White People

First, Sean "Diddy" Combs taught Martha Stewart how to rap on her new talk show - but the 64-year-old is not the only unlikely celeb getting hip-hop lessons from a musical star. Believe the hype: Law & Order: Special Victims Unit star Mariska Hargitay has been honing her rhyming skills, too! "I've got Mariska rapping!" her crime-drama co-star Ice-T boasted to In Touch at the VH1 Hip Hop Honors pre-party at Splashlight Studios. "She wanted to learn how to rap, so I'm teaching her."Mariska's rep also confirms the tale. "Yes, it's true," the actress' rep tells In Touch. "Ice-T even writes his own songs for her. He's known as such a bad boy," Mariska says of Ice-T. "But he's one of the gentlest spirits I've ever met."

Another Hollywood Couple Bites The Dust (but guess who's still together after all these years)

Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds and his wife to the growing list of celebrity bust-ups. Edmonds and his wife Tracey issued a statement Wednesday announcing the end of their marriage after 13 years.R&B singer-songwriter Babyface and his wife have split after 13 years, but will continue to do business together. They have two young children. The pair said they had already been unofficially separated "for quite some time". It is with deep regret that we announce our permanent separation. We remain best friends," said the couple, who have also produced movies and television shows together, including Soul Food."(We) will continue to work together in our companies, and our various business ventures," the statement said. "More importantly, we are parents of two wonderful children, and will continue to provide a loving, caring and stable environment for them."


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bonus Material

crack

- Tyra and the Budussy Cat Dolls went out shopping. I guess she didn't feel like putting on her wig either.

1 - 2 - 3

- Bey-Z found themselves in Paris this week. Shawn appears to have a little something on his pants. Man milk maybe?

1 - 2 - 3





<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS