10.01.2005

Truth Is

If you've been sleeping under the negrotainment rock for the last 48 hours and don't have a clue to what's going on with Fantasia let me fill you in.

Fantasia's highest hope for the fall has nothing to do with her opening slot on Kanye West's tour or her two nominations at the American Music Awards. She wants to read her 4-year-old daughter a book.In her memoirs released Friday "Life Is Not a Fairy Tale," the third-season "American Idol" winner admits that she can hardly read or write. In the book, which Fantasia dictated to a freelance writer, the singer reveals that her mother is also functionally illiterate and that Fantasia was so ashamed of her own struggle it kept her from ever applying for a job. On "Idol," she learned lyrics by listening to the songs, not reading the sheet music, and since winning, she's signed contracts she couldn't read. (continue)

Whoa. I know I could be mean and say some shit like "hahaha, she probably can't even read her own book" or something to that affect but I'm not. Its actually pretty damn sad. My mother has been working with special needs children for about 12 years now. She has beenin the classroom with kids with problems ranging from ADD to having down syndrome. Even during the early years in the classroom setting I've always understood and been sensitive to people who have any type of disability, including learning.

As I watched the interview play on 20/20 along with my potential sperm donor (aka future boyfriend?) I let out a huge sigh. Reading is an ability that sometimes people take for granted. Just think if you weren't able to read than you probably wouldn't be able to come here everyday and get your laugh on! Okay maybe you could still chuckle at the pictures but come on. It was also disheartening to hear that other members in her immediate family were also illiterate. I do however give her 100 percent props for being woman enough to go on national television and be brutally honest. Maybe this will get some people talking about the illiteracy not only in the African American community but in others as well.

Okay, thats enough Fresh Walters for today.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Buzz Notes Quickie

kimora

- Halle Berry is slated to play 70's icon Pam Grier in a remake of Foxy Brown (not Inga - - the real deal) in an upcoming movie. Do you think she will be able to pull it off?

- Is Beanie Sigel going to join the Five Heartbeats? Let's pray not.

- And while we're on the subject of G-Unit, WTF @ this mixtape cover. This is too funny though.

- Kanye West and gang go out shopping for some more tightie whities.

- Aww, check out Bow Wow and Ciara getting close for Vibe. Also peep a few throwback pictures while you're in the clicking mood. They were some cute kiddies.

- Not that anybody give a shit but Charlie (last name) Wilson has beef with Frankie Beverly. Nigga please.

- Did anybody else see Trent on The Best Week Ever last night? Maybe one day I'll be on that bitch and they can kick that negra boy who always looks like he has slob on the side of his mouth off.

- Why ya'll didn't tell me Nicole Richie had a twin?

- Special shouts to Nastack, Boogie Oogie, and Mealone for the tips and emails. I see ya!





<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS