12.10.2007

The "Say Something Nice" Challenge


That jacket, that hair. I'm going through enough depressing shit in my life, I can't deal with Sly Stone today, ha! Read the low down on what happen at the show after the jump.



"As recent observers have noted of Stone's failed comeback, needing to pee is code for drugs," wrote Friedman. "And when that happens, the show is over. As he did when I saw him on Nov. 20 at BB Kings, Stone left the stage and did not return for some time. When he did, he was clearly in a changed mental state and, yes, sleepy."

The 40-minute show started an hour late, Friedman noted. Sly, on keyboards, "led the audience through a medley of one-line snippets of hits sung first on an altering voice box and then in a whisper," he writes. Wearing a white hooded track suit and sunglasses, Stone got through five of the "loosely constructed" songs before heading to the bathroom.

He returned to perform "If You Want Me to Stay" and, ironically, started singing "I Want to Take You Higher" before wandering off stage for good, according to Friedman.

"The sold-out, standing-room-only audience was not happy," wrote Friedman. "One fan grabbed a mike and shouted, 'You crack addict. Get back on stage. I paid $100 dollars for this ticket.' It was a sad moment." [source]






Labels:






<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS