1.22.2008

Oh Really?

Word to Reen; Souljah Boy has been smoking rocks with DMX and Amy Wino. The teen recently told MTV News that he feels like he is hotter than your favorite rapper right about now.



Now the upstart teen rapper has his eyes on the MTV News hip-hop brain trust's "Hottest MCs in the Game" list. The next list is on the way soon.

Six months ago, however, when the top 10 was unveiled, SB was only bubbling beneath the surface as his catchy dance number was just breaking through before it eventually turned into a pop phenomenon. But now that he's got his chops up — including a Grammy nod for Best Rap Song — the Southern rhyme-spitter thinks he's deserving of a place alongside top-five MCs like Lil Wayne and Kanye West. Actually, he thinks he the #1 slot suits him in particular.

"I think if y'all did it right now, yeah, I deserve to be on there," SB told MTV News last week. "But back there, when y'all did it, I probably didn't have the status that I have right now.

"I'm Grammy-nominated," he continued, citing his credentials. "If I look at the new list and I compare myself to all 10 of the artists and some don't add up, I'll be like, 'Wow. I should be #1 if it's right now. I'm #1."

Soulja Boy was more candid when asked how he ranks specifically against alumni of the first Hottest MCs list, like Weezy, 'Ye and Jay-Z.

"Right now, yes [I'm hotter than them]," he answered as their names were read to him one by one. [source]


Says the boy who created this shit. RIGHT . . .

Labels:






<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS