10.04.2007

More Pictures + Info From The Heineken Red Star Event




Marsha Ambrosius & DJ Aktiv; Kenny Burns; Raheem DeVaughn


Reader Amber J sent me an email the Heineken Red Star party that I thought I would share. [Click here to see today's post featuring Erykah Badu.]

If you guys ever want to give me the skinny about a concert, star sighting, cuss me or whatever feel free to hit me up. I read every email I receive, it just takes a while to holla back.
Last night, I attended Heineken's Red Star private party featuring Raheem Devaughn and Erykah Buadu. First off, let me say that despite his talent, Raheem still got on my nerves and I could have completely done without his performance. He sang forever and walked around with a fake crown on his head asking "Who wants to wear the crown?" and "Who wants these soup coolers on their body?" He looked like the the guy from the Burger King commercials.

Meanwhile Ms. Badu entered the building late, without her own band announcing "I'm the analogue girl in a digital world also known as green eyes, also known as medulla ablangata also known as head..." She brought her Mac notebook out and a beat machine and soldiered on with her confused back-up singers.



She did a lot of improvisation, but it was still the STUFF to me because I love her music so much. The crowd was loving her and there was tons of audience participation. When management informed her it was time to wrap up her set after only twenty-five minutes she was like "Fuck you!" We loved her response and she sang just a little bit more. All I wanted her to sing was "Ye-yo" and she did not sing it. Overall, her performance was great even though the band did not know half of her songs. She kind of looked like a disheveled female version of the Nutty Professor.

As we were walking back to the parking lot, I swore Erykah was standing right next to our car smoking a joint with her peoples wearing a pair of eyeglasses without lenses. And OMG, it was her! I was like " Omg! Erykah, I love your music, I've been listening to you for years and all I wanted to do is hear you sing Ye-yo, and you didn't." She said "I'm sorry, but thanks though." We proceeded to take a picture with her and mess up her cipher, but she was mad cool though, she said we might see each other in another lifetime. Now that made my night.





<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS