8.22.2007

Loves Jones

Patryk from Ultimate Kelis was kind enough to send over scans of Nas and Kelis in the current issue of Fashion Rocks magazine. In the article the happily married couple talk about fashion, love, and life.



NAS TALKS ABOUT THE COUPLE'S UPCOMING REALITY SHOW:

"Sometimes I feel like "This is cool, man; I have TV cameras following me wherever I go," he says, sipping a margarita from a plastic cup. "Other times I want to crawl under a rock." His mouth turns down stubbornly. "I feel like an idiot--'Did I really agree to this?' It feels so self-absorbed, so self-indulgent."

KELIS' HAIR RAISING EXPERIENCE:

"At twelve I had a perm, and one day my hair started to break off," she says. "I was like,'Mom!' She said, 'We'll take you back to the salon and get it fixed.' I said, 'Forget it. No matter what, I do not fit in--not with the white girls at school, and not with Chauncey and Rashida from uptown. Instead of trying so hard, I should just give up and be whatever it is I'm going to be.' So I shaved my hair off and got teased mercilessly. But I felt better."

NAS ON FASHION:

"Before I met Kelis, I wore Gucci or whatever was hot, says Nas, with admiration in his eyes. "I didn't dress badly, because there's no excuse to disrespect the gods of the stage with some bummy shit: I always say you better rob, cheat, or steal threads to look good up there because hip-hop is about being fresh from your head to toes.But this is a whole different level. Kelis has really made me get my spirit up and step up mu clothes game."


Labels:






<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS