7.12.2007

A Task Only A Real Hood Hero Can Handle

When Bill Clinton cancelled his appearance at a NAACP town meeting in Detroit at the last minute there was only one man to call for the job. And no, it wasn't Al Sharpton. This time.



According to the Detroit Free Press, the No Limit founder talked to the audience about becoming strong Black leaders and placing value in education. “Don’t be afraid to make a change,” P said. “I come from the ghetto. I’m a living witness that you can make it.” Master P also addressed the controversy surrounding hip-hop lyrics, telling the audience that hip-hop needs to be fixed but it shouldn’t be used as a cop out for African-American’s social problems. “I was once part of the problem,” P said. “But I realized, by having kids, that if I’ve got to get in the car and turn down my own music, something is wrong and I’ve got to fix it.” (source)





<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS