6.01.2007

Jermaine Dupri Signs 'Aunt Jackie'

Remember the video of a group of aimless negroids shaking around in Harlem that I posted a while back? The clip has landed creator Jason Fox a spot on Jermaine Dupri's new label, Island Urban.

From the press release:

...Created by 21-year-old Jason Fox, the Aunt Jackie took root in the streets of Fox's native Harlem, and has gone on to become an online sensation, with over 150,000 plays on myspace and over 275,000 views on Youtube.

Now, with a following of thousands of kids already dancing to the song in clubs, at basketball tournaments and in the streets, "Aunt Jackie" is ready to take over the summer. The old-school flavored track has been released to urban radio, and a professional video is in the works, aimed at supporting the already massive buzz and attention the homespun video has garnered.

"I think were seeing the life of hip-hop coming back with songs like aunt Jackie," says Dupri. "It's the kids acting like kids used to act when I was growing up, and I love it because, to me, hip-hop has been too-cool -for-school lately. Its time for a change."

In other So So Def related news, Dem Franchise Boyz were spotted washing cars and selling Krispy Kreme doughnuts on the side of I-285 for gas money last month.

I keep telling ya'll, when my Green Bean Casserole song/shuffle drops I'm going to take the industry by storm. 106 & Park here I come!

Labels:






<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS