6.09.2006

National Nippy Day!

While most Whitney Houston fans can do nothing but watch as the one-time singing powerhouse spirals downward from reported substance abuse, one supporter in Los Angeles has decided to do something about it.

Calvin 'Cashears' Shears, a cabaret singer living in the Jefferson Park area, is holding a press conference Monday in Leimert Park to announce the "We Love You, Whitney" Day, which calls for a "national day of support" for the entertainer."I hope that at least 50 to 60 cities will get involved," Cashears told Los Angeles newspaper Our Weekly. "We will have the rally nationwide July 1 simultaneously in all of the cities."

"I am contacting radio stations to get the word out about Whitney and I am also sending out letters to people across the country to lend their support," he added. "I'm calling on all "black politicians, ministers, civil rights groups, black radio stations, newspapers, college students and the rest of our people to send a collective message of thunderous love across America to Whitney Houston."

Cashears says his effort is rooted in a profound love of the Grammy-winning diva, or, in his book, "the greatest female voice of all time." (continue)

Now that's what I call are true Stan. So, how will you celebrate National Nippy Day?





<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS