5.22.2006

05. 22. 2006 Buzz Notes

So Far So Good

Judging by the enthusiastic reaction to just 20 minutes of footage from the upcoming "Dreamgirls" film at the Cannes Film Festival Friday night, we may very well have the year's first bona fide Oscar contender. Paramount Pictures and DreamWorks screened the footage for a standing room only crowd that included such celebs as Bruce Willis, Hugh Jackman and Britain's Sir Ian McKellen. Not only did an extended standing ovation follow the showing of four brief scenes, but shouts of "more" also rang throughout the theater, putting a huge smile on the face of the film's Oscar-winning co-star, Jamie Foxx. "They talk about the Oscar curse. I don't feel it right now," Foxx said to rousing applause following the screening. The Texas native, who earned a Best Actor Academy Award in 2005 for his starring role in "Ray," was on hand at Hotel Martinez along with co-stars Beyonce Knowles and Jennifer Hudson. (continue)

All I have to say is Usher turned this movie down so he could make that blockbuster, record breaking "In The Mix." Way to go!

Nay Nay Has A New Boyfriend

Naomi Campbell is playing sugar mama. The anger-management poster child waltzed into Lounge - the new boutique/bar on Broadway - last week with "her new boyfriend and bought thousands of dollars' worth of CDs and True Religion brand jeans for him," a store p.r. woman said. Campbell refused to introduce the man, believed to be a sheik from Abu Dhabi, and declined to pose for photos, because, she told the p.r. woman: "I know I need to stay out of the limelight with all the trouble I've gotten myself into!" It's not the limelight you have to worry about, doll; it's the maids! (Page Six via D Listed)

That girl ain't crazy. She can act a damn fool if she want to with that sheik and get her shit get broke into smithereens. Maybe a new found love with help put her on track though. I haven't given up on Nay Nay yet.





<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS