4.12.2006

Queen Latifah Is A Welfare Queen

Queen Latifah will star in "Welfare Queen" -- a fact-based story of a woman who scammed the welfare system out of a fortune -- as part of the first-look deal her shingles has signed with Focus Features and its genre division, Rogue Pictures.

Deal with Flavor Unit, the production shingle run by Latifah and Shakim Compere, will allow the duo to hatch modestly budgeted films for both Focus and Rogue. Focus production president John Lyons and Rogue prexy Andrew Rona made the deal. Latifah and Compere plan to develop several genre-spanning projects that include the Michael Sinder-scripted "Reality Sucks," a spoof of reality shows.

"Welfare Queen," based on the life of Dorothy Woods, will be produced by Flavor Unit with Edmonds Entertainment Edmonds Entertainment. Abdul Williams is writing the script. (Variety via D Listed)

That's nuts. Not that she is involved with this project but the title of it all. You see my Dad refers to one of my cousin as a welfare queen. I thought he was the only person who used that "pet name." Daddy gas the Lumina up, we're going to Hollywood! Now she is probably going to watch the movie (bootleg of course, she has an image to uphold) for tips.





<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS