3.05.2006

The 20th Annual Soul Train Music Awards, March 4, 2006

Mariah Carey kept her comeback going Saturday, picking up best album and best single honors at the 20th Annual Soul Train Music Awards. John Legend also earned two awards, beating out R. Kelly for best-male album with ''Get Lifted'' and best-male single, ''Ordinary People.'' Carey, who won three Grammys last month, nabbed awards for best-female album with ''The Emancipation of Mimi'' and best-female single with ''We Belong Together.''

R. Kelly went into Saturday's show with a leading three nominations but went home empty-handed as Kanye West claimed the award for best R&B-soul or rap music video for ''Gold Digger,'' featuring Oscar-winning actor Jamie Foxx. Chris Brown was declared best new rap artist for his album ''Run It.''** "Just last year I was just at home trying to balance my schoolwork and basketball practice,'' said 16-year-old Brown, a high school junior.
(
continue)

see more pictures from the show at Getty Images

A Few Observations

** What the hell?

- Rachel True looks like she is stuck in 1996 and channeling Scary Spice.

- Charlie (last name) Wilson would make a great sugar daddy for me.

- When you lose weight does your head get the illusion that it is really fucking big? I call it the "Star Jones."

- Vivica has the same headband thingie I had in 8th grade. I find that amusing.





<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS