12.08.2005

Freshly Squeezed

Sorry about the late post gang. I was tied up at the last minute.

Jay-Z took a break from his job as Beyonce's purse watcher and was honored along with Mariah Carey for outstanding work that embodies excellence and intergrity at The Recording Academy Honors last night. Speaking of awards, the nominations for the Grammy's were announced today. Artists reading nominations this morning included Natasha Bedingfield, Big & Rich, Mariah Carey, Chad Kroeger (Nickelback), Patti LaBelle, John Legend, Carly Simon, Sway (I'm not putting his name in bold, sorry), and CeCe Winans. Kanye West and Mariah Carey (surprise surprise) topped list with eight nominations while 50 Cent, Beyonce, and Alicia Keys received six nominations each. Ludacris, Mario, John Legend, Common, T.I., Ying Yang Twins, Destiny's Child, Yolonda Adams, and Stevie Wonder are just a few of the many artist who were also nominated.

Of course I have a beef with a few of the nominees, one especially being The Black Eyed Peas who were nominated for the song "Don't Phunk With My Heart" in the Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group category. What in the hell have the people at the Academy been smoking? They might as well put that fucking "Humps" song on there. At any rate the show will air Wednesday, Feb. 8 on CBS.

Click here for the full nomination list.

- Rod tipped me off this morning that in the new issue of Complex magazine Usher denies gay rumors in his cover story interview. When asked if any homosexual activities went down in those oh so famous orgies everyone's heard about Usher had this to say:

There was women-on-women but never man-on-man. Shit, nowhere near that! Hell no! No one that I ever roll with or would ever roll with would get down like that.

Yeah fuckin' right! Rod breaks it down so damn good about everything from anal action to relationship rumors with a trainer in ATL that I'm not going to even going to attempt to put my own twist on it. Lets just say that I was left clutching my pearls like Miss Jay.



- Ashanti has been making moves like Lil' Kim before her trip to the big house. Murder Inc's first lady has taken a break from performing at Bat Mitvahs to promote her new CD. She's been popping up every place from 106 and Park to Regis and Kelly. Yesterday she appeared on TRL along with Dip Set enthusiast Lindsay Lohan. Shanti then partied the night away with pal Ja Rule, that kid from The Ultimate Hustler who looks like Shock G, and T-Pain. No comment on any of the aforementioned.

Busta Rhymes also made an appearance on TRL looking sick. Not the good sick but the "you got some 'Tussin I can borrow" sick.





<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS