6.03.2005

Fresh's Two Cents : The Common Denominator

Once again I'm the only jig in the United States of America who hasn't purchased or downloaded Common's new album. I have an explanation for my behavior. I've never been the type to go and purchase a cd just becausethere is so much hype around it. I would rather not be influence by other's opinions. So everytime I go to a site and see that there is a album review for a particular cd I don't read it unless I have heard the album in its entirety for myself. This may be a little weird to some but it makes all the sense in the world to me. Call me "late" or whatever but that's just the girl's style. See, the whole reasoning behind this is if I can come back in one year of the album's initial release and still find it amazing than it really was worth the wait. Everytime I turn around someone's commenting on Common like this is his debut cd or something. Fuck with the boy, go do your research then holla. I'm talking back in the Common Sense days. Before he was all dashiki, polka dotted out.


Yo I've seen the same thing happen to my boys OutKast in 2003 with the release of Speakerboxxx / The Love Below. These two dope boys in a cadillac have been in the game for 11 years. ELEVEN muthafuckin' years! They released their first cd back when I was in fourth grade. Cassette tapes were still popular back then. Anyways, I can still listen to that cd and apply it to my life and situations. It's a classic. So if this Common joint is really worth the hype than I'll be more than happy to pump it 10 years from now.

Begin Edit: See, this is the ignorant shit I'm talking about people. This is what happens when I try to be serious for once on this site. I don't know if this brother has it all or not so I'm not going to get into that ass like I would in normal circumstance. "Smart bitch"? He on some Benzino and The Source shit obviously. I pray that his site is a joke, I really do.





<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS