2.07.2008

Put Her On The Cover Smooth Magazine, STAT!

ReRe the Body is feeling great these days thanks to a more lifestyle change and a healthy diet. Catfish Wilkerson beating it down every night like two subwoofers in a trunk doesn't hurt either!

Franklin's busy schedule of late has motivated her to push for change in her life, including weight loss and the first album to be released on her own label, Aretha's Records.

"I've got a new trainer, and she's giving me a lot of good things, really educating me about nutrition and weight loss and how to do it, and cooking stuff for you," the 65-year-old singer said. "I'm not on a diet. It's a lifestyle change. I'm going to be doing it for the long run. And eventually I'll reach my goal."

Though she didn't say what that goal was, it was clear she was happy to cut out heavier foods, fat content and salt.

"I feel lighter. I'm not as heavy, what you get with the red meat," she told The Associated Press. "You dragging yourself along when you have all that red meat. Much lighter. I feel a lot lighter, and a lot better."

Franklin said she's "a very good cook" but noted she's been mixing up her meals with those from weight-loss program Jenny Craig. Still, Franklin said that for one meal a week, she eats whatever she wants, diverging from low-fat, low-sodium meals of turkey, chicken, fish, lobster and crab.

Before leaving for Los Angeles from her hometown of Detroit, "I had turkey wings and dressing, and that was wonderful. My nutritionist would not like that; my trainer, not at all," Franklin said, grinning. [continue reading]

[Story via Young, Black, and Fabulous]







<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS