8.19.2007

Quick Quotes

The online editors at Essence aren't slick. As I see it, the magazine reserves its pages for deserving, respected queens and toss the women drowning in a sea controversy online. Or maybe I'm just hating and that's not the case. Check out Bossip to read more excerpts from the zine's interview with Karrine "Superhead" Steffans.


DID SHE PEN THE BOOK FOR LOVE OR MONEY?

"After I had appeared in several magazines without a book deal, HarperCollins called me and asked me to write my memoir. It was divine intervention because that same day I had an eviction notice on my door, and I had just borrowed $500 from Mike Tyson. It wasn't a day for me to slap God in the face. When HarperCollins calls, you don't say, "No, thank you." I got a whole lot more out of it than I bargained for, and I am glad because I have single-handedly reshaped my culture."

ON LIL' WAYNE

"He’s not my boyfriend, but I’m closer to Wayne and we’ve spoken every day for the last six months. I can’t start or end my day without talking to him. And we don’t necessarily talk on the phone, but we text each other all the time. It’s a perfect relationship. He knows that no matter who he’s with and vice versa, we love each other. We don’t have any surprises. If I were to see him kissing a girl tomorrow, it would be okay because I already know about it."

MR. SUPERHEAD?

"Society says women need to settle down, have kids, and get married. I don't follow rules because I draw outside the lines. No one has this talk about men. Newsflash: You've been socialized wrong, and it's not right! It's true. I don't want to be tied down. I'm a free spirit. After six months of dating someone, I get bored. I like to have new experiences and there's nothing wrong with that."

Labels:






<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS