7.27.2007

You Two Cents Required: One Hot Ghetto Mess

On Wednesday night my Mama called me cackling, asking me if I were watching BET's 'We Got To Do Better', to which I responded "Girl stop!"

'To Catch A Predator' > Anything on BET

Last night my boyfriend talked me into watching the first 5 minutes of the show and I damn near fell asleep. The reviews haven't been so great either.
While there were examples of trifling behavior and crazy antics, for the most part, the show seemed like a reject reel from "America's Funniest Videos."

Certainly, there are some camps breathing a sigh of relief: The show was roundly criticized even before it made its debut by some who feared it was yet another BET show that would degrade black people by presenting offensive stereotypes as comedy.

Given BET's track record, those critics had reason to worry. After all, the Black Entertainment Network has provided a seemingly endless platform for hip-hop thuggery, booty-shaking video girls, lowbrow comedy shows, and Toccara. . .

Instead, the show offered lame video clips that circulated on sites like YouTube months ago, and commercials that wouldn't pass the cable-access test. To make clear the show wasn't trying to pick on black folk, there were also plenty of white faces, as in a clip of a redneck Olympics-style event.

The show was racially balanced — and equally unfunny — on all levels. (source)

Did you think the show lived up to all of the hype surrounding it?





<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS