3.28.2007

Here's Looking At You Kid

K-Ci @ Macy Gray's album release party

Y'know, rappers need to throw this cat a, erg, bone. Every time you turn around R.Kelly is singing loud and not saying a damn thing different then what he was talking about in '93. K-Ci actually embraces his old man in the club status instead of trying to run away from it. Now that's some shit I for one can actually appreciate.

Don't get me started on his influence on the younger generation of R&B artists. I know I'm not the only one who heard how Omarion straight swagger jacked son's "yeah yeah yeaaah!" on "Ice Box." It ain't hard to tell.

Since crap artists are always trying to emulate Pac you would think they would give him a break and put him on a remix. He made it fly for skinny niggas suffering from rotisserie chest syndrome to feel confident enough to take their shirts off on stage (ahem, T.I. and Rich Boy) and he can't even get on a hook? Nothing? But at the same time they are quick to throw Jodeci on their little top 25 videos on BET. I straight scoff at you knee grows.

I would hate to see his career end with him singing in the parking lot of Wendy's on some Notorious B.U.M. shit. That ain't right man. One day when I dabble in the rap game ('cause its an 80's baby requirement) I won't forget about dude. More sessay pictures of Mr. Hailey at the party under the cut.




Labels:






<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS