10.03.2006

Bet I'll Have You Naked By The End of This Post




Oh no, not again . . .


Just when those jolly folks at the FCC were probably thinking it was OK to like their jobs again, comes this temblor of a news item: Janet and Justin might be planning a reunion gig.

That would, of course, be Justin Timberlake and Janet Jackson, whose Super Bowl halftime "wardrobe malfunction" performance bared Jackson's naked breast for a millisecond and unleashed a national fury so fierce that MTV actually stopped playing Britney Spears videos for a while.

Two years and a half-million dollars in FCC fines later, Janet and Justin have not spoken, let alone pulled off each other's clothing. But Janet extended an olive branch of sorts last week, telling Oprah Winfrey that she still considers JT a pal even though she took most of the backlash from the incident and he never really rallied to her support.

Monday, the New York Post quoted people in JJ's "camp" as saying the singer is in talks with Timberlake's "camp" over ideas to have the two perform together in "some sort of big, live show like the Grammys or the Oscars."

Sounds like a fine idea, though we suspect that Oscar folks would be about as receptive to this as to the idea Sasha Cohen hosting next year's ceremony.

No word on what Justin thinks of all this, though he can afford to be a little more deliberate -- his new record's selling, Janet's isn't. (
source)


I don't know if I could stand to see the two of them reunited together on stage again. What some people do to generate publicity I tell ya. I wouldn't be shocked if it was all Dr. Evil's (Jermaine Dupri) plan. I can't remember who said it in the comment section last week but someone needs to sit him and down and give him the Suge Knight speech.





<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS