9.14.2006

Queen Latifah In Essence

In her interview with Jeannine Amber, Queen Latifah talks about her business partner Shakim Compere, keeping her personal life private, and different film projects she is currently working on. She also addresses those pesky gay rumors:


Latifah says when she was cast in Set If Off--arguably one of the standout performances of her career--playing Cleo, a rough and rugged lesbian who enjoys an on-screen girl-on girl kiss, she called her siblings to warn them that they might catch some jokes. "I told them they had to be strong because I really thought I could do something special with the role." Now, a decade later, she's still getting asked about how much she and Cleo have in common.

For her part, Latifah refuses to confirm or deny. She says she has plenty of gay friends, and to deny anything about her personal life would be an insult to them. Plus, she says, the whole thing is stupid. "If I'm not going to tell you what guy I'm dating, I sure wouldn't tell you I'm dating a girl."










<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS