8.15.2006

The O'Really Factor: Bobby V


Here's a guy you don't see on this site much. Bobby Valentino recently sat down with Vibe.com to discuss his upcoming projects (which includes a denim line for the ladies called Bobby V jeans). During his one-on-one time he had a lot of interesting things to say about the state of R&B music. Check out this snippet:

Vibe.com: On the cover of your debut CD, there's a sign in the background that reads "Real R&B Singers Wanted." What is a "real R&B singer" in your opinion?

Bobby Valentino: Somebody that really sings and is not lip-synching. You can go to the shows and you can tell who does the lip-synching and you can tell who sings for real. I think there are a lot of fake singers out there. I wanted to send a message out saying, Let's get some people out here who are really singing and let's bring this R&B thing back.

Vibe: With Ne-Yo, Mario, Chris Brown, Omarion, and of course you in the spotlight, a new generation of singers are emerging. How do you think this generation of male R&B singers compares to the past generation?

Bobby Valentino: I think the past generation was more into it. They knew more about music. It wasn't all about just entertainment with them. It was more about the song and it was more about the passion that they might have for music. I think now it's more sugarcoated and there are more politics involved. So now you just have to conform for a little while. Before, [record labels] were into making artists. Now they're just into making a hit record.

Vibe: Out of the new generation of male R&B artists, what makes you stand out of the bunch? What do you think your place is in this generation of singers?

Bobby Valentino: I think my album's hotter. My music is hotter than all of theirs. But who am I to judge? If you listen to my album and put it next to anything that any one of those other artists are doing, I think that mine really speaks for R&B and what it's supposed to be. I don't do all of the dancing and all that stuff, not to knock them for that. I think they're cool artists. I'm really just high on myself because if you don’t believe in yourself, nobody else will.
(continue at Vibe)


Oh, really? Big thanks to Hell Ay boy for the tip ;)





<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS