8.18.2006

Flicks From Radio One's 25th Anniversary Awards Dinner Gala

I have a tremendous amount of respect for Cathy Hughes. I never realized how much she had to sacrifice to make her dreams possible until I read an article in Essence about her. If I get the opportunity to I am going to try and hunt that issue down and scan it. Here is so information about last night via Eurweb:

Last night Cathy Hughes' Radio One celebrated its 25th anniversary with a star-studded event in DC at the JW Marriott Hotel. To put it mildly the celebration was off the hook. In attendance were movers and shakers from the business world like advertising execs Byron Lewis and Chuck Morrison of UniWorld Group and record company honchos such as Clarence Avant and Jive/Zomba's Larry Khan.

Among the many celebs in the house to pay respect to Ms. Hughes and her son and business partner, Alfred Liggins, were Janet Jackson, Jermaine Dupri, Jay-Z, Diddy, Russell Simmons, Yolanda Adams, Smokie Norful, Vickie Winans, Eric Benet, Kirk Franklin and Gerald Levert, David Banner and Ruben Studdard among others. Even producer Dallas Austin was present. And yes we got him to talk about his recent headline making incarceration in Dubai. We'll bring you his comments next week.

Meanwhile guests were treated to performances by Natalie Cole, Aretha Franklin and LeToya. But the big surprise was the appearance of Bouncy, er, Beyonce. Miss thang treated the event as if it was a concert at Staples Center or Madison Square Garden. (
continue)





Beyonce; Ciara; Janet Jackson; Diddy and Al Sharpton; Tom Joyner; Aretha Franklin





Diddy; Dick Gregory; Maxine Waters and Cathy Hughes; Cathy Hughes and Chuck Brown; Natalie Cole; Ruben Studdard

Now raise your right hand and repeat after me. I, [insert your name here] promise not to act a fool because Beyonce's name and pictures are both featured in this entry. If I fail to do so I could face a $50 fine payable to Freshalina Lee Simmons via Pay Pal.


Kidding. But I do accept donations.





<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS