7.14.2006

SWSNBN Sticks Up For Herself

Like I've always imagine, Daddy Mathew likes to become one with his inner Joe Jackson from time to time. SWSNBN finally decided that she had enough of his shit when it came time to record her sophmore album.

The bootylicious pop sensation sounds like she has about had it with her famously controlling manager dad, Mathew Knowles. She was so fed up, she demanded her new album, "B'Day," be recorded in secret. "'Don't tell my daddy. Don't tell my mama. Don't tell anybody . . . [including] the label,'" she admits ordering her studio team. "So two weeks later, I called my dad and said, 'My record's done.' He was, like, 'WHAT!?'"

She says in the next issue of Giant magazine: "I was, like, 'Don't you dare ever ask me to take that long to do a record. I'm never doing that again.' I didn't tell him 'cause I didn't want that pressure."

Beyonce admits they often fought when she was younger, especially when "I'd say 'no' to something and he'd book it anyway."

She says: "It took a while for me and my dad to have an understanding, because he thinks everyone's supposed to work like him. When I turned 18 and started handling my business more, he went into shock."
(source)

That isn't a picture of SWSNBN as you probably realized, it's Tom Joyner. I know you see it, I know you see it. Thanks Butta for the picture!





<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS