7.07.2006

The Devil Wears Baby Phat

Hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons is openly dating, but his estranged wife, Kimora Lee Simmons, tries to keep her love life secret in a cover-story interview with King magazine. When editor in chief Datwon Thomas asks what it's like being "on the market," Kimora pretends ignorance. "Am I on the market? What market?" With that - in the unpublished outtakes of the interview - a publicist breaks in to demand: "What's going on here?" When Thomas repeats the question, the flack advises: "I have to tell you we are going to have to end this interview." But Kimora did return to the phone to take a few more questions.

At another point, the 6-foot-tall model-turned-designer insists men don't hit on her. "Guys do not step to me! They don't, and if they do, they're a certain kind of a guy, like some little kid in the club. Like, 'What, do you even know who I am?' But no one ever steps to me, I guess 'cause they are being respectful." Thomas asks: "Because of the affiliation?" - meaning Russell. Kimora pauses and stammers: "I mean, yeah . . . uh, I don't know."

Elsewhere, the half-Japanese, half-African-American beauty announces that she's a "blazin' Asian. . . Me and Tiger Woods are the same damn thing!" As for her addiction to labels: "When I was a little girl, I slept on Ralph Lauren sheets. I was sleeping on another man: Ralph!"
(source)





<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS