4.18.2006

Hey Mama

This month's Essence features a nice spread of stars and their mothers. Kelly Rowland, Kanye West, Rachel Atkins, and Rachel True all write sweet letters to the number one women in their life. Here's a snippet of Kelly's:

God must've thought I was really special to give me two mothers. It meant so much that you believed in me. When we had rough times in Houston, you did your best to balance our family with your job as a live-in nanny. And I know it was difficult for you to run back and forth for rehearsals after I joined Destiny's Child. I spent a lot of nights at the Knowleses' house. Soon a month turned into a year, then years. You came by everyday, though, and cooked dinner, and we'd all eat as a family. It was because of your strength and sacrifice that I was able to dream so big.

And Mama T, you took extra time to rehearse with me when I got my first lead song at 12. My voice was so small then, and you'd tell me to 'sing up,' just the way my momma did. You've taught me so much about following my gut, honoring my boundaries, and keeping an eye out for red flags in my relationships. It doesn't matter if the question is business or professional, I know you'll always have the answer.Your spirit is so sweet, and your wisdom is endless.

I love you both so much. You're my heroes, my best friends. I can't thank you enough for grooming me into the woman I am today. Now I want you both to be comfortable and happy and never have to want for anything--and I can't wait to give you some grandkids!

Love,
Kelly

Aww, isn't that sweet. My God says go call your Mom now.





<< Home

 



 

CONTACT INFORMATION

Use don't abuse (ie. adding me to your site's mailing list). And for the love of God please stop sending mp3 files of your music. I am not Clive Davis and to be frank I probably don't want to hear the shit anyway. You should also know that I take my slow, precious time responding to email. And sometimes I don't respond at all. Fresh.crunkjuice@gmail.com
Fresh@myspace.com

LEAVE SOME $$$ ON THE NIGHT STAND

GET POSTS IN YOUR INBOX

Add to Google Add to My AOLSubscribe in Bloglines Powered by FeedBurner



Free Image and Video Hosting








RECENT ENTRIES

blog advertising is good for you


SITE ARCHIVES



Your Ad Here


FRESH PICKS